What's new

How long to be in demo trading?

Daantje Pieters

I think traders should stick to demo trading as long as they are with Forex market because demo isn’t only for learning but it is also for many other reasons.

Demo trading is the tool where you can learn and apply your trading skills and methodology without loosing money. once your trading setup works, and you have confidence then. you should move to the real one.

I think that until you can trade profitably on a demo account for six months, it is better not to open a real account. You must first make sure how your trading strategy works in different market conditions and what results it produces. It may need to be modified and improved before you switch to a real account. And this takes time.

I think that until you can trade profitably on a demo account for six months, it is better not to open a real account. You must first make sure how your trading strategy works in different market conditions and what results it produces. It may need to be modified and improved before you switch to a real account. And this takes time.
I completely agree. Demo accounts are a fantastic tool to test and refine your trading strategies in a risk-free environment. It allows you to experiment, make mistakes, and learn from them without jeopardizing real capital. Spending a significant amount of time, like six months, on a demo account can help you build confidence and ensure your strategy is effective before transitioning to the live market.

You can also check how different indicators work in real time on a demo account. It’s no secret that many of them are redrawn and show good results only on the past history of the price movement chart. In this way, you can make sure whether you need to use such indicators in your trading in the future or whether it is better not to trade with them because of their unprofitability in online trading.

Demo: used to familiarize yourself with the platform and the broker. It is used to check strategies and indicators. Once this is checked: YOU ENTER a real account. When the strategy works. You immediately enter your Real Account. Each demo kills your alertness and attention. Distorts from real trading. When you enter the Real account, even with 10, 100 or 1000 USD (I recommend 10, 20 USD), you will see the differences between the demo and the real account, even on minimum deposits of 10 USD. No emotions on the demo. On a real account, all the reactions of the mind and body begin, whereas in a demo there is not even a 1% chance for you to feel what I am talking about. A real account hurts because you lose at the beginning, so with small deposits. And when you multiply 10, 20 or 50 USD to 1000 USD and more... you will be ready to trade in large lots. A demo account is like eating a pizza from a poster or going on a trip looking at the offer of a travel agency. You are only trading in illusions. Emotions only on a real account, so control it and don't give up! <3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.